Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's puppy-time!


I think the girls had been begging for a dog for a while. Since Mike has summer's off and Brooke was getting ready to go into kindergarten, we finally decided it was time to get a dog. Mals picked up a Thrifty Nickel at Osco's and Mike found an ad for free puppies from "Dog Town" near Paxton. Cooper was five weeks old when Mike, Mals and Brooke brought her home: a little fluff ball not even as big as our cat (Noney). The girls named her Cooper because they thought she was a boy. I didn't even bother to check. But when my mom came by a week later, she announced that 'he' was a 'she.' The name Cooper stayed. What a little sweetheart she was; happy, fun-loving, energetic. Even our cat, Noney, had no complaints.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

testing one, two, three. I haven't logged in yet, but I think it's working

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie and Mike,
Julie, your blog was wonderful. It was like I really got to know Cooper and how she affected your family. This past year I lost both of my Cairn Terriers, so I know the empty feeling that you have right now. This is the first time in 26 years that I have been without a dog in my life and it does leave a large void. I do not believe that I can do a blog--but I will make an album of my puppies.
Thank you for sharing your talents and your life with Cooper.
Joan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home